Welcome to Ambleside Bed & Breakfast Nelson, New Zealand - home to the beautiful Abel Tasman National Park
We, at Ambleside Luxury Bed and Breakfast endeavour to provide you, the discerning traveller, a wonderful, memorable, truly "Kiwi", Nelson, New Zealand, accommodation experience. We understand "value for money" is very important to you, so we endeavour to do our very best to ensure this is exactly what you will receive.
"What can we say! You can't improve on perfection... Kiwi hospitality at its very, very best" Pam & Geoff - Rochester, UK - October 2013
Centrally located off State Highway 6 in Nelson, NZ, Ambleside Bed and Breakfast is a beautifully restored character villa with purpose-built, single storey guest facilities built on, in keeping with the character, at the rear of the property. The B&B features a quiet and peaceful guest accommodation set in a beautiful, peaceful and sunny garden and offers four luxuriously appointed bedroom suites - all with own en suite bathrooms, a separate guest lounge and separate guest entrance. FREE FAST WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESSED EVERYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY...
OPENING HOURS: 7.30AM - 10.30AM AND 4.00PM - 10.30PM
CHECK-IN: Preferably after 4.00pm (although flexible for aiport arrivals)
Tariffs & Availability
TARIFFS: (incl. GST) Peak/Summer - NZ$140.00 - NZ$220.00 per night. Special rates for shoulder and winter seasons as well as group bookings and multi-night stays.
Click above to check your required dates.
Qualmark - New Zealand Tourism's mark of quality has rated this Nelson accommodation: FOUR STAR PLUS.
Guest & Hosted hospitality includes:
- Four spacious guest rooms - all with own en suite bathrooms
- King, SuperKing - with disabled facilities, Queen and twin king single beds
- Breakfast - gourmet cooked and continental (click for menu) served when and where you choose.
- GLUTEN-FREE and dairy-free breakfasts and baked goodies
- Complimentary refreshments including home baking, nibbles and local wine and port.
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in the guest lounge
- Separate Guest Lounge with Freeview TV/DVD, photo viewer, free wireless broadband internet, extensive brochure display, maps, guide books, music, books and games.
- Easy access with secure off-street parking.
- Private guest entrance.
- Spa Pool and beach equipment.
- Laundry facilities available.
- A few minutes drive to the city centre; restaurants; Tahunanui - our safe swimming beach; Nelson Golf Course; airport and a 45minute drive to the must-see/do Abel Tasman National Park.
- World famous and must see/do World of WearableArt and Classic Car Exhibition Centre.
This Nelson bed and breakfast accommodation is an oasis of hospitality, relaxation and calm, where your hosts, Kees and Robyn Van Duyn, provide you with quality accommodation and "good old fashioned kiwi hospitality" and according to our guests "five star service!"
Ambleside B&B is where you will enjoy the privacy of the guest lounge, relaxing in the sunny courtyard, or maybe enjoy a relaxing soak in the secluded spa pool in the garden. The ambient stream at the bottom of the garden will surprise you with its wildlife, the baby ducklings,"kaura" scuttling under the rocks, a visiting shag fishing for breakfast and other wild-life native to New Zealand.
Meet new friends over a delicious gourmet breakfast, enjoy a wonderful afternoon tea with yummy home-made gluten-free baking, an antipasto platter with local wine or fine port in the evening. "We try to provide every home comfort and we will always look for ways to make your experience more memorable. You will leave feeling cared for" says Robyn.
- A short note to let you know how much we appreciated Ambleside, and how we now understand even more just how much you spoiled us for our New Zealand holiday and just how good your B&B really is. We have now seen most standards and prices, and price and standard are not always synonymous. From the moment we arrived at Ambleside we knew we had struck gold with the most delightful accommodation and welcoming hosts. Only after a further four weeks enjoying the high standards of accommodation throughout the South Island in all styles and types of holiday accommodation were we able to really understand just how good Kees and Robyn are. Ambleside sets standards that others must strive to achieve, a jewel in the crown. Thank you both for a fantastic stay, we will be back.
- The hospitality in this place is second to none! Six-star service is what we'll be telling them back home!
- The hospitality is 2nd to none! Lovely people and lovely place. Thank you very much.
- I don't know if the hospitality could be any better than what I experienced here. In three words: wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL!
- Thank you so much for a wonderful stay in Nelson. Your hospitality is terrific - the breakfast brilliant. Thank you for everything.
- A beautiful home and fantastic hosts, really go the extra mile.
- Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. Your B&B is 5 stars in our book!!
- What a shame we could only stay one night. We got such a nice welcome, slept fantastic and had a lovely breakfast. Thank you.
- Hate to leave. Outstanding!
- Thank you so much for making us feel incredibly spoilt. You are both the lovliest couple.
- Thank you so much. We have had a wonderful stay in your lovely home. Your hospitality is outstanding.
- You set the bar very high. Thank you for making our 1st bed & breakfast experience an amazing one! Enjoyed our conversations, your kindness, tips and great food.
- The very best B&B we've ever stayed in! We feel like we could be good friends. Thanks for all the many things you did for us.
- Many thanks for all your kindness, help and attention to detail. Your hospitality could not be surpassed.
- See what you mean about 6-star service! Shame our visit had to be so short.
- A wonderful stay, very comfortable and extraordinary. Breakfasts were out of this world! Both Kees and Robyn made us so welcome and did everything possible to make our stay a great experience. Thank you.
- Absolutely first class in every way. A very warm welcome and a very comfortable stay.
- The nicest B&B we have ever stayed in! Everything so beautifully done.
- Great hosts, beautiful bedrooms and a fabulous breakfast that could feed an army! Feeding the eels was very interesting too.
- Best hospitality and breakfasts in NZ! Our stay felt like a refreshing stop at home to rejuvenate during our travels. Thanks for the special "honeymoon" treatment and all the lovely extras!
- Superb accommodation! Beautiful home and garden. Unbelievable breakfast! Wish we could stay longer.
- Thank you for a wonderful 4 night stay - best yet! Sorry to go, everything perfect!
- Thank you for the warm welcome, the lovely room and delicious breakfasts!! Could have done with a week here!
- Best B&B in New Zealand!
- The highlight of my trip was being enveloped by your hospitality for four days as soon as Kees sent me off the first night with his bike helmet light I relaxed knowing my adoptive family would be waiting up for my safe return. Then when Robyn found and booked my bus trip to the Marlborough wine country, I knew I was in Paradise (having my tee shirts ironed didn't hurt either!! I will never be able to express my complete gratitude, satisfaction, and appreciation to the both of you for making a once in a life time trip so memorable.
- Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, 237 Annesbrook Drive, Tahunanui, Nelson
- International Phone: +64 3 548 5067 | New Zealand Free Phone: 0800 306 555
- Email: [email protected]